Welcome to the SCRATCH download page.
Thank you for your interest.
All software and related material contained herein can be downloaded freely for academic, non-commercial, research use only.
For any other use, please contact pfbaldi [at] gmail [dot] com.
Copyright 2005-2021. Institute for Genomics and Bioinformatics. University of California, Irvine. USA.
1. SSpro, SSpro8, ACCpro, ACCpro20 : Protein Secondary Structure
and Relative Solvent Accessibility Prediction
The 4 predictors are included in the SCRATCH suite of 1D predictors available for download here:
SCRATCH-1D release 2.0 (2021, UNIX version, 974 MB),
training sets. The package currently includes:
Previous releases still available:
- SSpro release 6.0 (2021) : Protein secondary structure prediction (3-class)
- SSpro8 release 6.0 (2021) : Protein secondary structure prediction (8-class)
- ACCpro release 6.0 (2021) : Protein relative solvent accessibility prediction (at the 25% threshold)
- ACCpro20 release 6.0 (2021) : Protein relative solvent accessibility prediction (thresholds 0% to 95%)
- EVALpro release 1.0 (2019) : Evaluation of sequence-based & profile-based predictors
- PROFILpro release 2.0 (2021) : Protein evolutionary information / sequence profiles
- HOMOLpro release 2.0 (2021) : Homology-based secondary structure & solvent accessibility prediction
C.N. Magnan & P. Baldi (2014).
SSpro/ACCpro 5: almost perfect prediction of protein secondary structure and relative solvent accessibility using profiles, machine learning and structural similarity.
Bioinformatics, vol 30 (18), 2592-2597. [PDF]
[PDF at Bioinformatics website]
J. Cheng, A. Randall, M. Sweredoski, & P. Baldi. SCRATCH: a Protein Structure and Structural Feature Prediction Server.
Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 33 (web server issue), w72-76, (2005).[PDF] [PDF at NAR website]
2. EVALpro 1.0: software package to evaluate the accuracy of a profile-based predictor
as a function of the max cosine similarity between training and test profiles.
Download EVALpro 1.0 source code and examples (44 MB, Linux/Mac version) | Installation instructions & Documentation
3. MUpro 1.1: Prediction of Stability Changes (delta delta G) of Single Site Mutations from Protein Sequences
Download MUpro 1.1 source code and executable (200K, Linux version) | Installation instructions | Access MUpro server | MUpro dataset (1615 mutations) | MUpro dataset (388 mutations)
J. Cheng, A. Randall, & P. Baldi. Prediction of Protein Stability Changes for Single-Site Mutations Using Support Vector Machines. Proteins, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 1125-1132, (2006).
[PDF][PDF at Proteins website]
4. DOMpro 1.0: Protein Domain Prediction
Download DOMpro 1.0 (Linux version, about 1M)
| Access DOMpro web server | Multi-domain dataset | Single domain dataset
J. Cheng, M. Sweredoski, & P. Baldi. DOMpro: Protein Domain Prediction Using Profiles, Secondary Structure, Relative Solvent Accessibility, and Recursive Neural Networks. Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 1-20, (2006). [PDF]
5. DIpro 2.0: Protein Disulfide Bond Prediction
Download DIpro 2.0 here (Linux version) |
Access DIpro Web Server
 J. Cheng, H. Saigo, & P. Baldi. Large-Scale Prediction of Disulphide Bridges Using Kernel Methods, Two-Dimensional Recursive Neural Networks, and Weighted Graph Matching. Proteins, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 617-629, (2006). [PDF] [PDF at Proteins website]
 P. Baldi, J. Cheng, & A. Vullo. Large-Scale Prediction of Disulphide Bond Connectivity. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 17 (NIPS 2004), L. Saul,Y. Weiss, and L. Bottou editors, MIT press, pp.97-104, Cambridge, MA, (2005). [PDF]
[PDF at NIPS website]
6. BETApro 1.0: Prediction of beta-residue pairs, beta-strand pairs, strand alignment, pairing direction, and beta-sheet topology.
Download BETApro1.0 here (Linux version) |
Access BETApro Web Server|
J. Cheng & P. Baldi. Three-Stage Prediction of Protein Beta-Sheets by Neural Networks, Alignments, and Graph Algorithms. Bioinformatics, vol. 21, Suppl 1, pp. i75-84, (2005).
[PDF at Bioinformatics website]
7. DISpro1.0: Prediction of disordered regions from protein sequences.
Download DISpro1.0 here (Linux version)
|Access DISpro Web Server
Click here or see readme.txt in the zip file for the installation instructions.
J. Cheng, M. Sweredoski, & P. Baldi. Accurate Prediction of Protein Disordered Regions by Mining Protein Structure Data. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 213-222, (2005).
[PDF] [PDF at DAMI website]
8. SELECTpro: Protein Model Scoring/Selection and Side-Chain Prediction.
Access SELECTpro Web Server
SELECTpro 1.0: full version includes bundled feature predictors
download/install sizes:(680 Mb, 1.6 Gb)
Download SELECTpro1.0 (Linux version)|
Overview and Installation Instructions
SELECTpro Solo: does not include feature predictors
download/install sizes:(3 Mb, 13 Mb)
Download SELECTpro Solo (Linux version)|
Overview and Installation Instructions
A. Randall & P. Baldi. SELECTpro: effective protein model selection using a structure-based energy function resistant to BLUNDERS. BMC Structural Biology, vol. 8, 52, (2008).
9. SOLpro: Prediction of protein solubility upon overexpression
Download SOLpro (12Mb, Linux version) | Installation instructions | Access SOLpro server | Download Dataset | Cross-validations
C. N. Magnan, A. Randall, & P. Baldi. SOLpro: accurate sequence-based prediction of protein solubility. Bioinformatics, vol. 25, 17, (2009).
10. SIDEpro: a novel machine learning approach for the fast and accurate prediction of side-chain conformations
SIDEpro predicts side-chain conformations for protein backbones. SIDEpro can accommodate non-standard amino acids including PTMs.
Download Linux version | Installation instructions | Rotamer library | SIDEpro training set|FPTM set |NSA dataset
download/install sizes:(165 Mb, 210 Mb)
K. Nagata, A. Randall, & P. Baldi. SIDEpro: a novel machine learning approach for the fast and accurate prediction of side-chain conformations. Proteins , vol. 80, 1, (2012).
11. Polymorphic Antigen Cross Reactivity Analysis
The archive file consists of Perl scripts and data files to replicate the computational analysis presented in the manuscript.
Download | Download Windows version | Overview
download sizes:(1.0 Mb)
Manuscript submitted for review December 2012:
E. Baum, A. Randall, M. Zeller, P. Baldi, & A. Barbour. Quantifying cross-reactive antibody binding and inferring epitopes among Borrelia burgdorferi OspC variants using protein microarray data
12. VIRALpro: Prediction of capsid and tail proteins
VIRALpro release 1.0 (linux version, 25 MB) |
installation instructions |
C. Galiez, C. Magnan, F. Coste, and P. Baldi. VIRALpro: a tool to identify viral capsid and tail sequences.
Bioinformatics, 32 (9): 1405-1407, (2016).
13. CCpro: Congruence Coefficient
CCpro computes the congruence coefficient between two aligned contact or distance maps. It is a measure of similarity that
can be used in fold recognition.
CCpro release 1.0 (linux version, 400 KB) |
P. DiLena and P. Baldi. The Alignment and Scoring of Contact
and Distance Maps for Fold Recognition.
Third-party tools used in the software: BLAST, PSI-BLAST, and SVM-light.
For technical issues, please email pfbaldi [at] gmail [dot] com
and yuzok [at] ics [dot] uci [dot] edu.
For commercial licenses, please email igb-license [at] ics [dot] uci